Arts Administration

The Masters Degree program in Arts Administration at The University of Akron was founded in 1980. Since that time, over 50 students have completed the degree. The program is housed in the School of Dance, Theatre, and Arts Administration in the Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences.

The curriculum of this 45-credit, two-year degree is designed to prepare students for successful careers in all disciplines of the not-for-profit arts. The strength of the program lies in a commitment to balancing theoretical study in the classroom with application through practical experiences and internships.

Admission Requirements

  • 300 word statement of intent, summarizing student background and outlining career goals
  • A personal interview is advisable; however, not required
  • an example of historical or critical writing (such as a course paper) is advisable; however, not required

Application Deadline

All application materials must be received by March 15 for fall enrollment.

Assistantship/Scholarship Information

All assistantships (and any fellowships) are awarded through the academic department. Students interested in obtaining an assistantship must apply. New students may indicate on their online application for admission that they would like to be considered for an assistantship. Current students must contact the academic department for application information. Each department may have different requirements for assistantship applicants, so all students should contact the academic department to determine these particular requirements. Only those students fully admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree-seeking program are eligible for a graduate assistantship. Students admitted as non-degree seeking or to a certificate program may not hold an assistantship.

Financial Aid Information

Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.

Tuition and Fees

Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.

Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.