Marriage & Family Counseling/Therapy

The Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy (MFC/T) Program focuses on a core curriculum designed to prepare students to work from a systemic perspective with individuals, couples and families in a variety of mental health settings. The program consists of a minimum of 60 semester credit hours. Students are required to accumulate 500 client contact hours and a minimum of 100 hours of supervision to complete requirements for graduation. Clinical supervision is based on live observation, videotape, or audiotape.

Admission Requirements

  • School of Counseling application supplement form
  • Three letters of recommendation (departmental reference form)
  • Interview will be required for applicants who meet admission criteria

Click here for application materials and contact information.

Application Deadline

  • March 15 for Summer and Fall enrollment
  • October 1 for Spring enrollment

Additional Information

The MFC/T Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE and has been approved by the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board as meeting the educational requirements for marriage and family licensure and professional counselor licensure.

Assistantship/Scholarship Information

All assistantships (and any fellowships) are awarded through the academic department. Students interested in obtaining an assistantship must apply. New students may indicate on their online application for admission that they would like to be considered for an assistantship. Current students must contact the academic department for application information. Each department may have different requirements for assistantship applicants, so all students should contact the academic department to determine these particular requirements. Only those students fully admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree-seeking program are eligible for a graduate assistantship. Students admitted as non-degree seeking or to a certificate program may not hold an assistantship.

Financial Aid Information

Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.

Tuition and Fees

Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.

Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.