Higher Education Certificate

The Higher Education Certificate program has been designed to serve the practicing or prospective college or university administrator or instructor. Courses and internships in higher education are directed toward the study of administrative and academic operations of colleges and universities. Specific program options include: administration, student services, curriculum, and instruction option. A higher education internship developed in conjunction with the student's major academic adviser and the center staff may be anticipated. Internships may be completed at the University or at one of several cooperating institutions. This certificate program in higher education requires a minimum of 18 credits.

Admission Requirements

  • Hold a baccalaureate degree in any discipline with a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average
  • The certificate program is not limited to those with an undergraduate degree in Education

Application Deadline

Applications to the Higher Education Certificate program are accepted on a rolling basis.

Assistantship/Scholarship Information

All assistantships (and any fellowships) are awarded through the academic department. Students interested in obtaining an assistantship must apply. New students may indicate on their online application for admission that they would like to be considered for an assistantship. Current students must contact the academic department for application information. Each department may have different requirements for assistantship applicants, so all students should contact the academic department to determine these particular requirements. Only those students fully admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree-seeking program are eligible for a graduate assistantship. Students admitted as non-degree seeking or to a certificate program may not hold an assistantship.

Financial Aid Information

Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.

Tuition and Fees

Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.

Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.