Business: Taxation Direct, MTax
Master of Taxation Direct
About the Degree
The University of Akron George W. Daverio School of Accountancy now offers its premier graduate tax program from the convenience of your computer, tablet, or mobile device. Candidates for this program who follow the recommended plan can complete the MTax in as few as 15 months. The MTax Direct program allows students to be off campus and participate in live classes. In case a work obligation or business travel conflicts with the live class, all classes are recorded for later review if needed.
The MTax curriculum consists of 21 credits of core taxation classes and nine credits of elective classes in international tax. Thus, students develop a strong emphasis in international tax.
Students in the MTax Direct program study tax research methods, corporate tax, partnership tax, state and local tax, tax policy and ethics, risk and uncertain tax positions, tax accounting methods, international tax, and global tax planning and strategy.
Salary and Career Outlook
Demand for international tax consulting and compliance is increasing dramatically, yet there are insufficient experienced professionals to keep up with the demand. In response, we have designed a Master of Taxation program to appeal to professionals who see this significant growth potential in international tax services and want to participate in this exciting area. We expect demand for tax professionals with a background in international tax to be buoyant for the foreseeable future.
Starting salaries for entry-level tax specialists with the MTax Degree is between $50,000 and $60,000 per year, depending on prior experience.
This is a unique program nationally. It is the only Master of Taxation program in the USA with an international tax emphasis. Students may complete this high quality, AACSB accredited program in as few as 15 months and they do not attend classes during the traditional busy tax season.
Distinct advantages of the MTax Direct include:
- Convenience – classes are interactive and delivered live via the internet to a laptop or mobile device, with capability of viewing recorded sessions on demand.
- Expert Instructors – Instructors are highly experienced CPAs and attorneys who are leaders in the area of taxation.
- Practical Emphasis – Courses are practice-oriented and offering in-depth knowledge that students can apply immediately.
- Reputation – The MTax program has about four decades of reputation for excellence among employers, and graduates are highly recruited.
- Focused –The MTax Direct accommodates the schedule of busy tax professionals and emphasizes international tax.
- Efficient – may be completed in as few as 15 months and students do not take classes during the busy tax season.
- Accredited – the program is accredited by the AACSB, the gold standard for business and accounting accreditation.
Dr. William Hauser
Business Administration Building, Room 405
Polsky Building, Room 467