C&I: Multi-Age Visual Arts Licensure

C&I: Multi-Age Visual Arts Licensure

The program is a Master of Science degree, which leads to licensure in a chosen teaching field, and is open to highly qualified students who hold the B.A., B.F.A., or B.S. degree.  It is designed to give the student concentrated study in one of the licensure areas listed for high school (grades 7-12), multi-age (grades P-12), vocational family and consumer science (grades 4-12), and intervention specialist (grades P-3 or K-12).

Admission Requirements

  • Completed teacher education program application (this is in addition to the graduate application and applicants should contact the Office of Student Services, Zook Hall 207, (330) 972-7750)
  • Two letters of recommendation
  • Evidence of basic computer literacy
  • Speech and hearing test
  • BCI (Bureau of Criminal Investigation clearance)
  • FBI Background Check


Application Deadline

Applications to the master's degree program in C&I: Multi-Age Visual Arts Licensure are accepted on a rolling basis.

Assistantship/Scholarship Information

All assistantships (and any fellowships) are awarded through the academic department. Students interested in obtaining an assistantship must apply. New students may indicate on their online application for admission that they would like to be considered for an assistantship. Current students must contact the academic department for application information. Each department may have different requirements for assistantship applicants, so all students should contact the academic department to determine these particular requirements. Only those students fully admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree-seeking program are eligible for a graduate assistantship. Students admitted as non-degree seeking or to a certificate program may not hold an assistantship.

Financial Aid Information

Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.

Tuition and Fees

Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.

Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.

The University of Akron

Akron, OH 44325
Phone: 330-972-7111
Contact us
Send mail & deliveries to UA