Resolving academic differences

The University has established a procedure for you to resolve academic differences.

You have certain rights and responsibilities as stated in The University of Akron Bylaws (3359-42-01-C2, 3359-11-13, 3359-41-01, or 3359-24-02) and in the Student Code of Conduct.  

You should first attempt to resolve any issues or complaints directly with the University.

For academic complaints, you should first work with the course instructor. If that proves unsuccessful, the chair of the academic department should be consulted. If the matter still remains unresolved, you should talk with the dean of the college.

At that point, should the proposed resolution still be viewed by you as unacceptable, the issue may, in most instances, be directed to the senior vice president and provost.

For out-of-state online students: