Computer Science - Management Track
Computer Science Fundamentals
Computer science deals with the storage, transformation and transfer of information. It is often considered to be
a branch of engineering because of its applicability. The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Management Track is tailored to individuals interested in learning about designing and developing systems for business information management.
- Comprehensive curriculum covers programming, languages, operating systems and mathematics
- Every course requires students to write computer programs and use a variety of computer languages, hardware and operating systems to prepare for work in industrial, commercial, government or university settings.
- are innovative and interactive
- engage in research activities with local industry
Experience computer science firsthand through our research facilities:
- Two computer laboratories with 20 dual-booting workstations
- A cluster computer for classroom use and research
- Access to the Ohio Supercomputer Center
Gain practical professional experience through UA's optional cooperative education program in the computer science field of your choice. Through co-op, you’ll alternate semesters of work and school while earning a competitive salary.
Computer Science Student Organization
Interact with other computer science students and professionals in the field through the Akron Student Chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery.
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.