Philosophy plays a central role in the understanding of ourselves and the world around us.
- Comprehensive curriculum covers such philosophical topics as:
- history of philosophy
- philosophy of mind
- philosophy of science
- Minors offered in:
- General Philosophy
- Philosophy of Religions
- Philosophy of Science and Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- Environmental Ethics
- Pre-Law Philosophy
Other than the General Philosophy minor, these are all interdisciplinary minors which allow 6 of the credits to be earned from designated courses in other departments.
Coursework prepares you for such professional areas as:
- Law, medicine, business, journalism, education, government and foreign service
- Social Science PPE Track option: This major combines courses from philosophy, political science and economics
- are innovative and interactive
- win teaching awards
- have a wide range of research interests
- The Department of Philosophy houses a small computer lab and a private library for philosophy students.
Philosophy Student Organization
Interact with other philosophy students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- Philosophy Club
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.