Registered nursing is the largest health care occupation — RNs are often the first health care professionals with whom patients come in contact.
- Comprehensive program is based on professional standards and includes:
- education in nursing
- social, cultural, physical and natural sciences
- operational clinical decision-making
- are innovative and interactive
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
Clinical experience begins during the first semester of nursing program. Clinical partners include:
- Akron General Medical Center
- Barberton Citizens Hospital
- Chambrel at Montrose
- Akron Children’s Hospital
- Edwin Shaw Hospital
- Haven of Rest
- Head Start Center
- Mercy Medical Center
- Portage Path Community Mental Health Center
- Rockynol Retirement Community
- SUMMA Akron City Hospital
- Summit County Health District
- Summit County Visiting Nurse Service
- The University of Akron Center for Child Development
Gain practical professional experience through UA's optional cooperative education program. Through co-op, you’ll alternate semesters of work and school while earning a competitive salary.
Nursing Student Organizations
- Intervarsity Nurses Christian Fellowship
- Men in Nursing
- Student Nurse Association
- Nursing — B.S.N.
- Nursing — RN/BSN - B.S.N.
- Nursing — LPN/BSN - B.S.N.
- Nursing — Accelerated Option - B.S.N.
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.