Early Childhood Education (Age 3 - Grade 3)
Early Childhood Education Fundamentals
Early childhood teachers tailor their lessons around the developmental stages of their students as they introduce
them to numbers, language, science and social studies.
- Core curriculum combines theory and practice to prepare you for licensure to work in preschools,
child care centers or to teach in primary schools
- You’ll learn techniques to establish positive learning environments and how to plan, implement and evaluate
- are innovative and interactive
- win teaching awards
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
The College of Education offers a variety of resources for its students, including:
- Literacy Center
- Center for Child Development
- Center for Urban Education
Real World Experience
- You will participate in at least 100 hours of field-based experiences in a variety of diverse settings prior to student teaching.
- The culminating experience for teacher education is student teaching, under the supervision of College of Education faculty and a classroom teacher.
Education Student Organizations
- Akron Council of Education Students
- Student Council for Exceptional Children
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.