Hospitality Management Fundamentals
The hospitality industry is the single largest industry in the world. It encompasses businesses ranging from food and beverage services, accommodations and transportation to leisure and entertainment, lodging, resorts, clubs, campgrounds, airlines and cruise lines.
- Core curriculum covers:
- food preparation fundamentals and quality presentations
- customer service
- revenue management
- employee selection, training, supervision, performance appraisal, motivation and retention
- pricing, purchasing and inventory control
- techology and operations
- market segments and product segments
- recognizing emerging trends
- hotel and lodge operations
- Our program offers options in:
- hotel and lodging management
- culinary arts
- are innovative and interactive
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
- field projects to learn from professionals in the industry
operate the 70-seat Crystal Room Bistro, providing you with hands-on experience
Under the supervision of Hospitality Management program faculty, students prepare and serve meals in the fully functional campus restaurant, The Crystal Room Bistro.
In addition, you will be required to complete a 300-hour internship in the hospitality industry during a semester. You also may test for preselected nationally and internationally recognized course modules of the American Hotel & Lodging Association Educational Institute.
Hospitality Management Student Organization
Interact with other hospitality management students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- Culinary Artists Club
- Hospitality Club
- Hospitality Management - Hotel Lodging — A.A.B.
- Hospitality Management - Culinary Arts — A.A.B.
- Hospitality Management - Restaurant Management — A.A.B.
- Hospitality Management - Culinary Arts Minor
- Hospitality Management - Hotel Lodging Management Minor
- Hospitality Management - Restaurant Management Minor
- Hospitality Management - Culinary Arts Certificate
- Hospitality Management - Hotel Lodging Management Certificate
- Hospitality Management - Restaurant Management Certificate
See our recent appearence on Fox 8 News in Cleveland.
Our student-run television station stopped by the Crystal Room.
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.