Mechanical Engineering Technology (Associate Degree)
Mechanical Engineering Technology Fundamentals
Virtually every commercial product, machine or device requires the application of mechanical engineering technology.
- Core curriculum provides comprehensive understanding of mathematical and scientific principles
- Gain thorough grasp of engineering technology principles
- Technical courses are presented using graphical (engineering drawing and modeling), algebra, trigonometry and geometry as primary analytical tools
- are innovative and interactive
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
Experience mechanical engineering technology firsthand through our research facilities:
- mechanical design laboratory
- fluids and thermal laboratory
- materials and metallographic laboratory
Gain practical professional experience through UA's optional cooperative education program. Through co-op, you’ll alternate semesters of work and school while earning a competitive salary.
Recent placements include:
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- American Steel and Wire
- Volvo GM Heavy Truck Company
Engineering and Science Technology Student Organizations
Interact with other engineering and science technology students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- Society of Mechanical Engineering Technology Students
- Tau Alpha Pi (honor society)
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.