Mechanical Engineering Technology (Bachelor’s Degree)
Mechanical Engineering Technology Fundamentals
Virtually every commercial product, machine or device requires the application of mechanical engineering technology. Mechanical engineering technologists focus on the design of the products and machines required to manufacture them.
- This “Step Up” program builds on the knowledge and skills developed during your associate degree studies
- Core curriculum provides comprehensive understanding of mathematical and scientific principles
- Technical courses are presented using graphical (engineering drawing and modeling), algebra, trigonometry and geometry as primary analytical tools
- are innovative and interactive
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
Experience mechanical engineering technology firsthand through our research facilities:
- mechanical design laboratory
- fluids and thermal laboratory
- materials and metallographic laboratory
Gain practical professional experience through UA's optional cooperative education program. Through co-op, you’ll alternate semesters of work and school while earning a competitive salary.
Recent placements include:
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- American Steel and Wire
- Volvo GM Heavy Truck Company
Engineering and Science Technology Student Organizations
Interact with other engineering and science technology students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- Society of Mechanical Engineering Technology Students
- Tau Alpha Pi (honor society)
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.