Land Surveying (Associate Degree)
Land Surveying Fundamentals
Advanced technologies are transforming the functions of surveying, particularly in today’s construction environment. Surveying technicians collect data in the field, make calculations and do computer-aided drafting.
- Comprehensive curriculum includes:
- technical drawing
- surveying concepts and principles
- training on a variety of tools
- Option to pursue bachelor’s degree in surveying and mapping.
- are innovative and interactive
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
Experience surveying and mapping technology firsthand through the Surveying and Mapping Program's two computerized laboratories. They are equipped for:
- map generation and GIS/GPS activities
- surveying instrumentation studies and practices
Gain practical professional experience through an internship or UA's optional cooperative education program. Through co-op, you’ll alternate semesters of work and school while earning a competitive salary.
Surveying and Mapping Student Organization
Interact with other surveying and mapping students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- Gathering of Potential Surveyors (GPS)
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.