Career services at UA
UA offers students and alumni lifelong career assistance.
For many students, The University of Akron is the launching pad to a career. At UA, you will find that we have many caring, highly skilled professionals on our team who can help you:
- identify a career path,
- gain relevant experience in your field, and
- successfully plan and carry out a job search.
From the moment you set foot on campus, you are encouraged to take advantage of the free events and resources available through our Career Center.
The Career Center
The Career Center offers a variety of services to students and alumni, from personalized advising to career-related events and resources, including:
- Individual appointments with a Career Center adviser to assist students with career-related questions, including helping them find a major and career path that is right for them.
- Assistance with Career Advantage Network opportunities such as cooperative education and internship experiences.
- Career Fairs, during which employers from across the region visit campus to talk with students about networking and employment opportunities.
- Designated walk-in hours when students can drop-in for quick questions without having to make an appointment. Hours vary by semester and are listed on the center's home page.
- Web-based resources and a library with information on career-related topics, including job listings.
The Career Center is located in Simmons Hall, Room 301. Phone: 330-972-7747. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to the Career Center's website.