The Pre-K-12 Physical Education major prepares you to work in:
- Pre-K-12 public and private schools, community facilities such as YMCA, sport academy, etc.
- It will also prepare you for Licensure in Physical Education
Pre-K-12 Physical Education majors will complete classes in areas of:
- Education and Teaching
- Fitness and wellness
- Instructional Strategies
- Physiology of human movement
- are innovative, interactive and experienced in multi-age physical education
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
- are active in current research, national organizations, and local community agencies and school districts
- encourages students to be critical thinkers and educational leaders
The Department of Sport Science and Wellness Education offers a variety of resources for its students, including:
- State-of-the-art laboratory and equipment required for knowledge base learning
- Opportunities to aid faculty in a variety of research projects
Real World Experience
- The University requires student teaching and observations
- Service Learning built into coursework
- Collaboration with professionals and teachers in the field of physical Education
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.
- Affords students the opportunities to pursue careers in physical education teaching in public and private schools, other community facilities such as YMCA, sport academy, etc.
- The pre K-12 major also prepares students for graduate studies in physical education, sport management, sport behavior, sport science and coaching.
The Ohio Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance (OAPHRED) affords students the opportunity to promote professional activity within the classroom setting and community.
The Career Center creates links among students, alumni and local professionals. You will have access to:
- Career Resource Library
- internships and co-ops
- computer stations for resume writing and employment research
- UA Career Fairs