Marketing and Sales Technology
Marketing and Sales Technology Fundamentals
Marketing and sales representatives promote their company’s products or services to other manufacturers or wholesalers, as well as retail establishments, government agencies and other institutions.
- Core curriculum focuses on marketing, promotion, advertising, sales and business concepts, and principles
- Tailor your program to one of the four options:
- are innovative and interactive
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
Gain practical professional experience through an internship or the University’s optional cooperative education program. Participation gives you firsthand experience in the marketing and sales technology field of your choice.
Marketing and Sales Student Organizations
Interact with other marketing and sales students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- International Business Association
- Delta Sigma Pi (a business fraternity)
- Pi Sigma Epsilon (marketing fraternity)
Page maintained by the Department of Institutional Marketing. Request a change to this page.
Degrees and Preparation
A degree in marketing and sales technology paves the way to entry-level positions, such as:
- retail and wholesale market representatives
- mass merchandisers
- technical salespeople
- fashion merchandisers
From there, you'll have a wide range of career choices in:
- public relations
- fashion retailing
Job opportunities are most plentiful with small wholesale and manufacturing firms.
The Career Center creates links among students, alumni and local professionals. You will have access to:
- Career Resource Library
- co-op/internships through Career Advantage Network
- computer stations for resume writing and employment research
- UA Career Fairs