Business Management Technology
Business Management Technology Fundamentals
Business management technology deals with business theory and practice - from small family-owned businesses to large corporations with multiple shareholders.
You can focus your degree with one of three options:
- Accounting Option - qualifies you for positions in purchasing, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, credit collection and bookkeeping.
- General Business Option - prepares you for promotion to first and second-level supervisory positions or management training positions.
- Data Management Option - prepares you for a wide variety of career choices in the computer field.
- have extensive business experience
- use case studies, role-playing and simulation to enhance classroom learning
Wayne College is a regional campus of The University of Akron, and offers the first two years of general bachelor’s degree courses for students who plan to complete their degrees at the Akron campus or at another four-year university. The general education transfer program also leads to the associate of arts degree or the associate of science degree.
Associate Degree in Business Management Technology
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.
Degrees and Preparation
A business management technology degree paves the way to a variety of career choices:
- assistant treasurer
- administrative assistant
- assistant manager
- accounts receivable clerk
- accounts payable clerk
- retail sales coordinator
- sales representative
- financial service representative
- customer service representative
- purchasing clerk
- real estate broker
Opportunities for entry-level positions in business, industry, or government are growing. Individuals with experience and technical expertise can move into higher-level management roles or operate their own businesses.
Wayne College Career Services
Career Services creates links among students, alumni and local professionals. You will have access to:
- career-planning assistance
- job search resources
- computer stations for resume writing and employment research