The Office of Accessibility would like to acknowledge faculty members who provide outstanding instruction and academic support. We realize that at the core of student success are faculty members that go above and beyond meeting the unique needs of a diverse student population. The Faculty Spotlight allows students the opportunity to identify faculty advocates that utilize universal design practices in the classroom which includes the recognition of diversity of learning styles.
In order for a nomination to be considered, the following criteria must be met:
- Students submitting nominations must be registered with the Office of Accessibility
- Nominated faculty members must be from the current academic year and the student must have been enrolled in the course
- The student must state why they feel this faculty member should be recognized for outstanding instruction and academic support
- Students must provide a brief description of their distinctive qualities as a faculty member and how they have provided a supportive, positive learning environment for students with disabilities
How to nominate a faculty member
Complete the form below including all the required information and return to the Office of Accessibility. Please be as specific as possible. If you need assistance in completing the form, please contact the Office of Accessibility.
- Spring 2012 Submissions: April 2, 2012
- Summer 2012 Submissions: July 9, 2012
- Fall 2012 Submissions: November 5, 2012