International students are eligible for UA's New Undergraduate International Student Award scholarship. This award, supported by the June Thomas Rogers International Student Fund, is granted once a year by the Office of International Programs. The scholarships begin at $500 per student per academic year.
Criteria and requirements:
- Only undergraduate students who are beginning their studies at The University of Akron in the fall are eligible.
- If a student is awarded a scholarship, he or she must attend The University of Akron during both the fall and the spring semesters to receive the entire amount awarded. The scholarship will be equally distributed for the fall and the spring semesters. Please note: The scholarship is not a full-scholarship. Students who attend only one semester will receive half the award.
- Criteria for consideration include:
- an underrepresented major,
- country, and
- the student's ability to share knowledge with a wide audience.
- Applicants for the New Undergraduate International Student Award must:
- explain why they want to study at The University of Akron, and
- demonstrate a commitment to returning home and applying the knowledge gained at UA to further advance their home country.
Applications for the scholarship are included with the application packet or may also be obtained from the Office of International Programs.
The Office of International Programs must receive all scholarship applications between Jan. 1 and April 1 to be considered for the following academic year.
Fill in all parts of the application. Please type or write neatly. Any part omitted may be cause for disqualification. If you have any questions or need clarification, send a message to International@uakron.edu or call 330-972-6949.
Other scholarships available
International students are eligible for many general scholarships at UA. Read the descriptions carefully to determine if you are eligible.
More information about scholarships is available on the Honors College and Financial Aid Web sites.