Adult Students: Your Degree Your Way
We are making it easier for you to earn a degree or a certificate in high demand fields by providing more evening, weekend and online programs that fit your schedule. Learn more.
We're here to help
Get connected with Adult Focus for services and scholarships specifically for adult students.
UA Solutions (formerly Workforce Development and Continuing Education) offers noncredit continuing education courses, professional development and certification programs. Contact us at 330-972-7577 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Visit Days
Take a look at UA on Saturday, May 16.
Where You Study Matters
Apply to UA
Finance Your Education
Resources for Adult Students
- Adult Focus
- UA Solutions (formerly Workforce Development and Continuing Education)
- Military Services Center
- Off-Campus Student Services
- Office of Accessibility
- Sixty-plus (60+) program
- Adult Student Resource Guide
- Summit College, in downtown Akron
- Medina County University Center, in Medina, Ohio
- Wayne College, in Orrville, Ohio
- Midpoint Campus Center, in Brunswick, Ohio
- UA-Lakewood, in Lakewood, Ohio
- Distance Learning
Start dates for future terms
- Summer 2015 begins Monday, June 8
- Fall 2015 begins Monday, Aug. 31
- Spring 2016 begins Tuesday, Jan. 19
- Summer 2016 begins Monday, June 13
Types of Degrees and Training
Workshops, seminars or courses that improve skills for professional development but do not lead to academic degrees. Learn more.
Documents granted by colleges and adult career centers after completion of study for specific occupations. Certificates usually require a full-time six month to one year program of required courses or its part time equivalent. Certificate programs are listed in the Undergraduate Course Catalog.
Degrees granted by colleges after students complete required courses. Associate degrees are offered by the College of Applied Science and Technology (formerly Summit College).
Degrees granted by universities or colleges after students have satisfactorily completed required courses, taking at least four years of full-time enrollment or its part-time equivalent. Bachelor's degrees offered at UA.
Master's or doctorate degrees earned after bachelor's degree, taking at least two years for full-time students to complete. Advanced degrees offered at UA.