Army Judge Advocate General Corps
The Army Judge Advocate General Corps (JAG Corps) has a long tradition of excellence in serving the nation. The Army JAG Corps was created by General George Washington in 1775 during the Revolutionary War.
The JAG Corps is a wide-ranging practice that includes military law and criminal prosecution to international law and legal assistance, both in the U.S. and abroad. It consists of over 3400 full and part-time attorneys.
The JAG Corps gives up and coming lawyers the opportunity to serve their country as an officer in the United States Army while developing vital professional skills, relevant and marketable legal experience, and invaluable national and international networking contacts.
The Judge Advocate General’s Corps:
- Have the opportunity to practice in legal assistance, work in criminal and civil law, international law, and fiscal law.
- Serve your country while gaining experience as an attorney.
- Travel at home and abroad
- An Army Officer producing program in colleges across the country
- Commissioned as a Second Lieutenant after degree completion or First Lieutenant in JAG Corp.
- Taken in conjunction with your other law school classes
- Develops leadership and management skills for Army and Civilian careers
- Paid 28 Day Summer training at Fort Knox, Kentucky
- An accelerated version of the first two years of ROTC. Designed to catch up graduate and late career undergraduate students.
- Develops leadership and critical thinking skills
- Provides immersion into the Army culture
- Eligible for $5000 bonus if continue with ROTC
Summer Internships with the JAG Corp
- 1L and 2L can apply for paid summer internships
- The opportunity to network and gain valuable experience
- Scholarship cadets serve 4 years Active Duty / 4 Years Reserve or Ready Reserve
- Some may serve 6 years in Reserves or National Guard and 2 years Ready Reserve
- 3 credit ROTC Class for Junior and Senior level course and 1 credit Leadership Lab
- Physical Training Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Starting salary for Officers of approximately $49,000 per year plus medical and dental benefits for yourself and dependents with the first pay raise in 6 months.
- $60,000 continuation pay if willing to commit to 4 additional years of service.
- Possible loan reimbursement up to $65,000.