University of Akron Army ROTC
Ohio Army National Guard
Simultaneous Membership Program
If you are already a member of the Ohio Army National Guard, looking to join, or are a current cadet looking for extra money and military experience, you may be able to take advantage of the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP). This program allows you to be both a member of the UAROTC and a member of a local OHANG unit. You can still pursue a commission in the Active Duty Army, or the Army Reserves/National Guard in a state of your choosing. Details of the program are listed below.
National Guard Benefits
– $350 per month, must complete AIT
– Up to $200 “kicker” depending on MOS
– Possible Enlisted Bonuses
– Up to $50,000 loan repayment post AIT
Guaranteed Reserve Force Duty (GRFD) scholarships are available for those wishing to commit to the Nation Guard or Army Reserves after commissioning.
– Students may choose to serve 3 years Active Duty and 5 Years Reserve or Ready Reserve
– Some may serve 6 years in Reserves or National Guard and 2 years Ready Reserve
– 2 credit hours for Freshman and Sophomore level course
– 3 credit hours for Junior and Senior level course
– 1 credit hour course