The Akron Advantage
Excellence in education, location, opportunities
- The University of Akron offers excellence that is affordable and accessible.
- The University of Akron is accredited at the highest level as a comprehensive, doctoral-degree granting institution by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Tuition is among the lowest in Ohio for in-state, undergraduate students.
- The University of Akron is ideally located in America's midwest, near the Great Lakes. With a population of 225,000, Akron is Ohio's fifth-largest city. Akron has been named an All-American City by the National Civic League.
- The campus is within easy driving distance to many of the country's finest art museums and cultural venues. Akron is less than 50 minutes from Cleveland, two hours from Columbus, and two hours from Pittsburgh. The University is close to two major airports — Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport and the Akron-Canton Regional Airport — and within an hour flying time of major U.S. cities, including Washington, Chicago and New York.
- Nearby cultural resources include the world-renowned Cleveland Museum of Art, The Akron Art Museum, Museum of Contemporary Art, many galleries, the Cleveland Orchestra, Blossom Music Center, historic Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame & Museum, and Great Lakes Science Center in Cleveland, the Carnegie and Warhol museums in Pittsburgh, and the Wexner Center in Columbus.
- Dining, shopping and entertainment opportunities abound. Also nearby are miles of scenic parks and the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.