Stellar visiting artists, residencies, lecture series
Frequent residencies and lectures bring stellar guest artists into Folk Hall to share their creativity, talents and expertise with our students, faculty, and the community. For example:
- ThINK Editions — a subscription print club that brings visiting artists — established and emerging — to the Printmaking Studio to work with students creating new work.
- Collider — a series of exhibitions, lectures and workshops showcasing contemporary electronic media.
- Synapse — an interdisciplinary group that fosters collaboration and innovation between art and science through sponsored guest speakers, artists-in-residence, student projects, and other activities
- The Catherine Campbell Art History Lecture Series — annually brings art history scholars from around the nation to Folk Hall.
- The Fred and Laura Bidwell Photography Lecture Series — annually brings nationally recognized photographers to Folk Hall for public lectures and interactions with students.
- The Mary Schiller Myers Residency — brings bring artists and designers from an array of disciplines to work closely with students.
- The Mary and Louis Myers Lecture Series — brings nationally and internationally acclaimed speakers in the visual and performing arts and communication to The University.