The A&S Careers Program is a source of opportunities for Buchtel College majors to prepare for the job market by receiving help with the following sources:
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF:
- One-on-one Career Advising:
- Discuss career options and complementary coursework to determine the best path for you to succeed after graduation in the world of work.
- Document Preparation:
- Learn to create resumes, curriculum vitaes, cover letters, and marketing portfolios that will best showcase your skills and take you to the head of the line with prospective employers.
- Mock Interviewing Sessions:
- Schedule a session and record to a DVD for future review to guarantee you will be able to convince interviewers that hiring you would be the wisest move they can make.
- Internship Offerings:
- Look into both off- and on-campus opportunities to have proof of that practical experience today's employers are seeking in new graduates.
- Computer Work Stations:
- Update your documents, conduct internship and employment research, practice at no expense for GRE, LSAT, GMAT, and MCAT testing.
- Numerous Lending Library resources:
- Bring valid UA ID and current phone number for weekly career-related loans, use the educational and government directories on site, or view various career-related DVDs to sharpen your skills in everything from networking to business etiquette.
- Graduate School Preparation:
- Ask about the Navigating the Process of Applying to Graduate School booklet to lightenen your application load.