Some pre-writing analysis is needed prior to developing a good application / cover letter.
Letters that personnel/human resources managers receive from job applicants are frequently characterized by incomplete content and improper tone. Such letters lead prospective employers to form negative conclusions regarding applicants.
Therefore, BEFORE you begin your application letter, you should:
- Analyze personal characteristics
- Evaluate general knowledge and abilities
- Register specific skills and competencies
- Examine the job to discover its component parts
- Match your skills and attitudes to job requirements
Such matching requires creativity, especially when applying for a position for which you are not specifically trained. The more skills you can transfer to the job, however, the better your chances for an interview !!