ADULT, TRANSFER AND MILITARY VISIT DAYS
Saturday, Nov. 15
Register for the visit day
Online registration has closed for this event, but you are welcome to arrive Saturday morning and register in person.
Event runs from 9 a.m. to noon. Park in the North Campus Parking Deck (map) immediately west of Simmons Hall on East Buchtel Avenue. Parking and the event are free.
9 a.m., Check in at Simmons Hall (map) for an early-bird tour of campus (optional).
9 to 10 a.m., Check-in: Simmons Hall (map). Session 1: Fast track your graduation and services for adult students. Session 2: Career Center services at The University of Akron
10 a.m., Admissions and financial aid information session.
10 a.m. to noon, Student Services Information Fair. Collect materials and talk with representatives from the offices of Admissions, Transfer and Adult Student Enrollment Center, Student Financial Aid, Adult Focus and more. Veterans: Representatives from UA’s Military Services Center will be available to talk with you during this time.
10 a.m. to noon, Academic Information Fair. Collect information and talk with representatives from the colleges.
11 a.m., Campus tour
- Get on-the-spot preliminary evaluation of your previous academic work and earn credit by examination
- Learn about more than 200 undergraduate majors and areas of study
- Flexible programs that fit your schedule: weekends, evenings and online
- Turn your associate degree to a bachelor’s degree with the Bachelor’s of Organizational Supervision and the R.N. to B.S.N degree completion programs
- Scholarship opportunities and financial aid assistance
- Support services for adult learners (advising, mentoring, career coaching and child care referral)
- Learn about your U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs education benefits (UA has been designated as a Military Friendly School five years in a row)
- Learn about ways to shorten your path to graduation via UA's Express to Success.
- Co-ops, internships and job placement through our Career Center
- Tour of our beautiful campus
If you would like an evaluation of your credits from previous colleges/universities, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention in the subject line that you are attending the program on Saturday, Nov. 15.
Admissions procedures, requirements and the application, plus tuition and fees
All about FAFSA, scholarships, loans and Federal Work Study programs
Military Services Center
We've been named a "Military Friendly School" for our comprehensive academic and support services for current service members and returning military veterans
About transferring to UA
It has never been easier to transfer into UA