News: Auditions announced for presentation of 'The Bacchae'
Auditions announced for presentation of 'The Bacchae'09/04/2012
The University of Akron School of Dance, Theatre, and Arts Administration has announced auditions for the upcoming presentation of "The Bacchae," a communion rite, based on the play by Euripides and Charles Mee's adaptation ("The Bacchae 2.1"). It is being directed by UA theatre professor James Slowiak, the Akron Area Arts Alliance 2011 Outstanding Artist in Theatre.
- WHO: Needed six to eight men and six to 10 women. Looking for actors, dancers, singers and several performers (especially women) with specific skills: Butoh, Indian dance, African dance, blues, jazz and opera singers, circus performers, acrobats and aerialists, or any other special skill. Please dress to move and be prepared to stay for ensemble work.
- WHAT: Please prepare a two-minute demonstration of a skill that you possess: monologue, song, dance, lip-synching, yodeling, instrument playing, ranting or raving — anything goes!
- WHERE: Guzzetta Hall, Studio 194.
- WHEN: Monday, Sept. 17, 7 to 9 p.m. or Tuesday, Sept. 18, 5 to 7 p.m.
- POSSIBLE CALLBACKS: Wednesday, Sept. 19, TBA
Rehearsals will begin Sunday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. Rehearsals will be Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 11 p.m.
Performances are scheduled Nov. 1-4 and 8-10 in Sandefur Theatre in Guzzetta Hall, 157 University Ave.
For more information contact Slowiak at 330-972-5909.