Fine Arts at UA: Be Inspired
Turn your artistic and academic aspirations into accomplishments!
As a student majoring in the fine arts at The University of Akron, you’ll be —
- inspired by talented and caring faculty and acclaimed visiting artists. Award-winning actor John Lithgow is coming to campus this April. Ann Hamilton, one of contemporary art’s most influential voices, was here last fall.
- surrounded by outstanding facilities. UA’s Center for Dance and Theatre at Guzzetta Hall is world class, and adjacent E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall is the region's flagship performance venue.
- connected with potential employers. Portfolio showcases hosted by UA’s fully accredited programs in Interior Design and Graphic Design are among the many ways that students get noticed in their fields.
- prepared to succeed in your career. For example, a nearly 100 percent placement rate is achieved consistently by UA Music Education graduates who choose to teach. When they graduate, many UA students majoring in Child and Family Development have already received job offers because of their internships at community sites.
Bachelor's degree options:
- Mary Schiller Myers School of Art
- Art Education
- Art History
- Studio Arts
- Fine Arts
- School of Dance, Theatre, and Arts Administration
- Arts Administration
- School of Music
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Bachelor of Music
- History and Literature
- Jazz Studies
- Music Education
- School of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Development
- Family Development
- Fashion Merchandising
- Interior Design
Photography student Melissa Kreider took advantage of study abroad opportunities to become a fashion photographer in Italy.