The student must complete at least 18 credits (Note: some minors may require additional credits).
At least six of the 18 credits must be at the 300/400 level.
A minimum grade-point average of 2.0 in each minor is required.
A minor may be designated at any time during the student’s career up to and including the time the degree clearance is processed.
A minor will be placed on the student’s record only at the time the student receives a baccalaureate degree and only if an application was processed.
Courses to be applied toward the granting of a minor may not be taken credit/non-credit. A maximum of 6 bypassed credits may be used, but all other credits must be earned.
The student must earn at least nine credits at The University of Akron in courses approved by the faculty granting the minor. Written permission of the dean and the head of the department which grants the minor is required for an exception.
If a student desires a minor from the same department/school as his/her major, there is a college requirement for a minimum of nine (9) non-overlapping credits between the minor and the major, as well as between the minor and other minor programs in the department/school.
Courses required for the minor may carry prerequisites, which must be honored before the student may enroll.
- African American Literature and Language
- American Politics
- Applied Mathematics
- Arabic Language
- Art History
- Computer Imaging
- New Media
- Photography for Non-Art Majors
- Professional Photography
- Child Development
- Classical Studies
- Comparative Politics
- Interpersonal and Group Communication
- Mass Media Production
- Organizational Communication
- Public Relations
- Computer Science
- Consumer Services
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice Studies Corrections
- Criminal Justice Studies Security Administration
- Environmental Ethics
- Family Development
- French Language
- Geographic Information Science and Cartography
- International Politics
- Labor Economics
- Philosophy of Religions
- Philosophy of Science
- Philosophy of Science and Religion
- Political Science/Criminal Justice
- Politics of Homeland Security
- Popular Literature and Film
- Pre-Law Philosophy
- Pre-Law Political Science
- Professional Writing
- Spanish Language
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Searchable list of Majors & Minors at The University of Akron