Pre-Med Track at The University of Akron
The University of Akron is an excellent choice for pre-med students because:
- We have an excellent suite of courses, inside and outside of Biology, that well prepares students for the MCAT and medical school generally.
- The University of Akron offers several experiential learning opportunities for students with medical interests.
- The University of Akron is located near four local hospitals:
- The Integrated Bioscience program is partnering with Cleveland Clinic offering research opportunities at the Lerner Research Institute.
- The University of Akron has a partnership with NEOMED that allows up to 35 UA students per year into NEOMED’s medical school. There are currently two pathways by which students can enter NEOMED, which includes these 35 UA slots plus a “traditional” pathway for pre-med students.
- Outside of applying for NEOMED, you can also apply to other medical schools in Ohio or elsewhere. Graduates of The University of Akron have been accepted to medical schools around the country. Our premed curriculum prepares students well for medical school and the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT), a requirement for admission to all MD programs.
If you are interested in attending medical school, the University of Akron can help you achieve your aspirations in healthcare. For more information about the new pathway program, please contact Ashley Rini (330-972-6513 or email@example.com).