The Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics
The 2014 Ohio Judicial Elections Survey Findings Report
The Bliss Institute along with co-sponsors Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor of the Supreme Court of Ohio, the League of Women Voters of Ohio, the Ohio State Bar Association and Justice At Stake, recently conducted a survey of Ohio registered voters to determine voting attitudes and behaviors in judicial elections.
Bliss in the media
- Feb. 25: The Columbus Dispatch includes quotes from John Green, director of UA’s Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, in a story reviewing Gov. John Kasich’s State of the State Address. Green also participated in a panel discussion about the address on WOSU-AM.
- Feb. 20: The race for Sen. Rob Portman’s seat is in the news nearly two years out from the election. Professor David Cohen is quoted in a USA Today story picked up by the Cincinnati Enquirer and other outlets.
- Feb. 1: John Green, director of the Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, is quoted in the Charlotte Observer in a story on proposed legislation in North Carolina regarding public officials and same-sex marriages. Green is also quoted in a story in The Repository on how Republicans might work to win Black voters to their party. And the results of a Bliss Institute poll are cited extensively in an Akron Beacon Journal editorial proposing the merit selection of Ohio judges.
- Professor David Cohen has been quoted in The Boston Globe for a story on Mitt Romney’s decision against running for president in 2016.
- Jan. 30: John Green, director of the Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, is quoted in a story in The Plain Dealer on the possibility of former governor Ted Strickland running for the U.S. Senate. Green is also part of a story by WCPN-FM on Congressman Tim Ryan’s change of position on abortion.
2016 Cleveland RNC Coverage
John Green, Bliss Institute director and distinguished professor of political science in UA’s Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences, was interviewed for coverage of Cleveland hosting the 2016 Republican National Convention.
- July 10, 2014, Cleveland Plain Dealer: "How the Republican convention in Cleveland helps Columbus bid to host Democrats' convention"
- July 9, 2014, WOUB: "Officials Are Elated By RNC Panel Picking Cleveland"
- July 8, 2014, Akron Beacon Journal: "Summit County hopes to benefit from GOP convention"
- July 8, 2014, 89.7 WKSU: "Gauging the impact of the 2016 GOP convention on Cleveland"
- July 8, 2014, 90.5 WCBE: "What Choice Of Cleveland To Host 2016 RNC Means For GOP And Ohio"
Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-1914
Fax: 330-972-5479 Fax
David Horn Manuscript on Gerrymandering - Click Here for the Analysis.