The Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics
The 2014 Ohio Judicial Elections Survey Findings Report
The Bliss Institute along with co-sponsors Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor of the Supreme Court of Ohio, the League of Women Voters of Ohio, the Ohio State Bar Association and Justice At Stake, recently conducted a survey of Ohio registered voters to determine voting attitudes and behaviors in judicial elections.
Bliss in the media
- May 18: In continuing coverage, John Green is quoted by NBC News for a story on the results of the latest Pew research into the role of religion in American life.
- May 15: David Cohen comments on the campaign for U.S. Senate by Cincinnati councilman P.G. Sittenfeld in this story by The Enquirer.
- May 14: John Green, director of UA's Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, is quoted in a Rapid News Network story on the changing religious landscape of the United States
- May 13: In continuing coverage that has now gone worldwide, John Green is quoted in the South China Morning Post in a story on the results of a new survey on changing religious beliefs in America. Closer to home, John Green appeared in two segments of the KTRH-AM morning show (Houston, TX) this morning to discuss the results of the Pew Research Center research. You can hear the conversation that occurred in morning drive at 6:18 a.m. and continuing at 6:23 a.m.
- May 13: John Green is also quoted in a story in The Washington Post on President Obama’s meeting with Catholics and evangelicals about poverty issues.
- May 12: John Green is quoted in a story on new survey results reported by USA Today and other major news outlets nationwide on changing religious beliefs in America.
- May 11: The views of John Green are cited throughout an Akron Beacon Journal story on the surprise resignation of Akron Mayor Don Plusquellic.
- May 11: Steve Brooks, associate director of the Bliss Institute, is quoted in an Akron Beacon Journal story on those who may be interested in Plusquellic’s job.
- May 11: WVXU-FM quotes John Green for a story looking at the possible importance of a presidential candidacy of Ohio Gov. John Kasich to the GOP.
John Green, Bliss Institute director and distinguished professor of political science in UA’s Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences, was interviewed for coverage of Cleveland hosting the 2016 Republican National Convention.
- July 10, 2014, Cleveland Plain Dealer: "How the Republican convention in Cleveland helps Columbus bid to host Democrats' convention"
- July 9, 2014, WOUB: "Officials Are Elated By RNC Panel Picking Cleveland"
- July 8, 2014, Akron Beacon Journal: "Summit County hopes to benefit from GOP convention"
- July 8, 2014, 89.7 WKSU: "Gauging the impact of the 2016 GOP convention on Cleveland"
- July 8, 2014, 90.5 WCBE: "What Choice Of Cleveland To Host 2016 RNC Means For GOP And Ohio"
Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-1914
David Horn Manuscript on Gerrymandering - Click Here for the Analysis.
Alumni on the Move
The Ohio Supreme Court today announced Michael Farley as its Judicial and Legislative Affairs Counsel. In this role, Farley will serve as the primary liaison between the Supreme Court and the Ohio General Assembly, with communication responsibility with governmental entities and judicial associations on legislative matters affecting the judicial branch. He will also be involved in other projects in the legal and policy areas.
Farley graduated from the University of Akron with a bachelor of arts in political science and history. He earned a Master of Public Administration from Ohio University and received his law degree from Capital University Law School.