The Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics
Fall 2015 Applied Politics course offerings
View a full listing of Applied Politics courses being offered this coming Fall!
The 2014 Ohio Judicial Elections Survey Findings Report
The Bliss Institute along with co-sponsors Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor of the Supreme Court of Ohio, the League of Women Voters of Ohio, the Ohio State Bar Association and Justice At Stake, recently conducted a survey of Ohio registered voters to determine voting attitudes and behaviors in judicial elections.
Bliss in the media
- July 28: The Karl Rove event—and the momentum of Republican candidate Donald Trump—were discussed on WAKR-AM this morning by John Green, director of UA’s Bliss Institute of Applied Politics.
- July 23: John Green appeared on Minnesota Public Radio to discuss the Pew Report released earlier this year detailing that more younger Americans than ever are not attached to a faith.
- July 23: John Green will participate in a panel discussion that is part of a watch party for the August 6 Republican presidential debate in Cleveland. Cleveland.com has the details.
- July 23: Professor David Cohen is quoted in a Boston Globe story about presidential candidate Donald Trump’s wealth and how the candidate discusses the subject.
- July 22: Professor David Cohen has been interviewed for a WBNS-TV 10 (Columbus) story on Ohio Gov. John Kasich formally announcing his presidential campaign.
- July 21: John Green, director of UA’s Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, is quoted in a Los Angeles Times story about the presidential hopes of Ohio Gov. John Kasich.
- July 20: Professor David Cohen’s comments are part of a WKSU-FM story on the race for the Republican nomination and Ohio Gov. John Kasich’s standing as he officially enters the field tomorrow. Cohen also appeared on WHBC-AM’s Ron Ponder Show to discuss Governor Kasich and Donald Trump.
- July 15: John Green is quoted in a cleveland.com story on how the JobsOhio program might be viewed during Gov. John Kasich’s presidential campaign.
- July 15: Professor David Cohen appeared on WOSU-FM as part of a program focused on Jimmy Carter’s presidential legacy.
John Green, Bliss Institute director and distinguished professor of political science in UA’s Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences, was interviewed for coverage of Cleveland hosting the 2016 Republican National Convention.
- July 10, 2014, Cleveland Plain Dealer: "How the Republican convention in Cleveland helps Columbus bid to host Democrats' convention"
- July 9, 2014, WOUB: "Officials Are Elated By RNC Panel Picking Cleveland"
- July 8, 2014, Akron Beacon Journal: "Summit County hopes to benefit from GOP convention"
- July 8, 2014, 89.7 WKSU: "Gauging the impact of the 2016 GOP convention on Cleveland"
- July 8, 2014, 90.5 WCBE: "What Choice Of Cleveland To Host 2016 RNC Means For GOP And Ohio"
Fall 2015 Political Science Course Lists
Contact Beth Raies at 330-972-7406 or email@example.com
Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-1914
David Horn Manuscript on Gerrymandering - Click Here for the Analysis.