Our On-campus Recruiting program provides employers with an opportunity to interview undergraduate students, graduate students and alumni from a variety of academic majors who are seeking either full-time or internship/co-op opportunities.
Contact Laura Carey at 330-972-7827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Career Center educates students, alumni, faculty, and staff regarding a wide variety of job search strategies, including third party employment services. Individuals can then determine whether utilizing these services will be of benefit to them.
Definition: According to NACE, the National Association of Colleges and Employers, third-party recruiters are defined as agencies, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for temporary, part-time or full-time employment opportunities other than for their own needs. This definition includes, but is not limited to, employment agencies, search firms, contract recruiters, and resume referral firms.
Third-Party Recruiter Services provided by The University of Akron Career Center:
1. Third-party recruiters who are hiring for positions within their own organization may have the opportunity to submit their job to be posted online and have access to on-campus recruiting privileges.
2. Third-party recruiters who are hiring for positions outside their own organization may have positions posted online provided they disclose the name of the clients they represent within the job descriptions and at the discretion of the Center’s staff. The Career Center reserves the right to confirm any information provided about the company hiring.
3. The Career Center will post positions in our Resource Library for students and alumni to review in-house.
By participating in these services, organizations agree that they will adhere to EEO standards in all recruiting activities, that no fee will be charged to any candidate at any time, and that organizations will not disclose student information under any circumstances to other entities without the student's prior written consent.
1. All positions that employ students for a private individual (i.e. babysitter, tutor, caretaker, etc.).
2. Non-degreed student jobs and internships that are compensated only by commission, including independent contractor positions (i.e. that may require the individual to bear product expenses, be responsible for income taxes, and may not guarantee worker's compensation or unemployment insurance.)
3. All positions that require a fee payment or investment prior to employment (i.e. entrepreneurial employers, multi-level marketing/pyramid structured organizations). The Career Center defines entrepreneurial employers as those organizations that require the job seeker to make an initial financial investment or fee payment as a condition of employment. Entrepreneurial employers also include those organizations that provide financial incentives to staff who recruit new hires for the organization and for which the recruiting staff member receives a portion of the new hire's commission. The Career Center defines multi-level marketing/pyramid structured organizations as a way of selling goods and services through distributors. If you sign up to sell the goods or services as a distributor, you will receive commissions for your sales. MLM plans that promise to pay commissions through two or more levels of recruits (i.e. if you receive commissions on both your sales and the sales of people you recruit as distributors) are known as Pyramids and are illegal in many states. Furthermore, entrepreneurial employers, multi-level marketing/pyramid structured organizations will NOT be provided with any online or on-campus recruiting services through the Career Center at The University of Akron.
NOTE: The Career Center reserves the right to decline access to the use of our services according to Center and University of Akron policies.
The University of Akron
Student Union 211
Akron, OH 44325-4306
University Relations Manager
Director, Career Advantage Network