Don't cancel your class
We can present a program
Staff are happy to come and present to UA classes and student organization meetings. Consultations are available to help you develop a customized workshop or session that meets your instructional objectives or to help you develop career development and job search content throughout your curricula. Please contact the Career Center at 330.972.7747 to discuss how we can work with you to customize a session for your class/meeting.
Request a program
A representative of the Career Center will respond to your request within 48 hours.
In an effort to provide quality workshops/seminars in a timely manner, the following policies are in effect:
- Career-related workshops can be requested during office hours by students, faculty, and staff by completing the online request form at www.uakron.edu/career/ or by calling 330.972.7747.
- Evening workshops/seminar requests that are outside of regular business hours (M-F, 8:00am-5:00pm) will be reviewed and we will do our best to accommodate the requests. Evening requests are contingent upon staff availability.
- Workshops run between 60 and 90 minutes for major career topics
- Workshops are scheduled first-come, first-served basis
- A 10 minute overview of the Career Center's services and programs may be requested. If workshop is done in the Career Center, it can also include a tour of the Career Center (our Training Room holds 25-30 students and with advanced notice a presentation may be scheduled in this room.)
- Due to a high volume of demand and workshop material development, a 3-4 week advanced notice of proposed workshop date will be appreciated. Efforts will be made if requests are made during a shorter period of time, but cannot be guaranteed due to staff availability and time constraints.
- A minimum of 15 students is requested per workshop in the evenings or on weekends.
- Once workshop is requested, a pre-workshop consultation with your Career Center speaker will take place to determine and agree upon learning outcomes and logistics (date, time, location, equipment)
- For Residence Life and Housing sessions, the Career Center extends programming initiatives towards the betterment of an entire residence hall. An RSVP count is required.