What's Happening at the CBA
Angela DeBord, student president of the UA chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), an international honor society with more than 500 collegiate chapters in all 50 U.S. states and 22 countries, has been selected as the first recipient of the international society’s James A. Viehland Scholarship.
Sabrina Grolimund, a senior majoring in corporate financial management in The University of Akron’s College of Business Administration, has received an honorable mention in the global American Statistical Association Undergraduate Statistics Class Project Competition.
Business Insider Indonesia ranked the top 50 female Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) in America based on the rank their company holds on the 2015 Fortune 500 list, which is an annual ranking based on organizations’ gross revenues. CBA alumna (a two-time CBA graduate) Laura Thompson, CFO at Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., is listed at number 22.
When Tatiana Granger decided to shift careers, from teaching to business, she says it was her Akron Experience that helped her bridge the divide and succeed.
- Fisher Institute for Professional Selling Annual Student Career Fair [October 16, 2015]
- MBA Information Session [October 16, 2015]
- CBA Student Awarded International Leadership Scholarship
- Finance Student Wins Award in American Statistics Association Contest
- Study: Investors could be misled by analysts’ recommendations