Jason A. Gabisch, Ph.D.
Title: Assistant Professor of Marketing
Department: Department of Marketing
- PhD, Marketing, University of Massachusetts, Isenberg School of Management, 2011.
- MBA, Marketing, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH, 2007.
- BS, Marketing, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH, 2006.
- BA, Political Science, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH, 2006.
Professional & Academic Experience:
- Providence College, Providence, RI. (September 1, 2011 - Present)-Assistant Professor of Marketing, Tenure-Track
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA. (September 2009 - June 2011)-Teaching Assistant/Instructor
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA. (September 2007 - June 2010)-Research Assistant
- University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH. (June 2007 - August 2007)-Research Assistant
- Providence College, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Tenure-Track (Fall 2011 - Spring 2012)
Consumer Behavior, 3 courses.
Marketing Research, 2 courses.
Internet Marketing, 1 course.
- University of Massachusetts, Instructor of Marketing (Fall 2009 - Spring 2011)
Internet Marketing, 3 courses.
- Teaching Interests: Internet Marketing, Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior, Integrated
Marketing Communications, Brand Management. Undergraduate and Graduate level courses.
Professional and Consulting Services
- University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH. (Spring 2007).
Environmental Engineering Department
Licensing, Patenting, and Commercialization
- Conproco Inc., Dover, NH. (2006).
Business Plan Development, Sales Forecasting, Market Expansion Analysis
- University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH. (Spring 2005).
Marketing Internship, New England Center Hotel & Conference Center
- Bank of New Hampshire (now TD Bank), Manchester, NH. (2001).
Publication: Banknorth Quarterly, October 2001
- Internet Marketing, Social Media, Information Privacy, Consumer Behavior
Published Journal Articles
- Jason A. Gabisch and George R. Milne, “The impact of compensation on information ownership and privacy control,” Journal of Consumer Marketing, 2014, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 13 – 26.
- Gabisch, Jason A. (2011), "Virtual World Brand Experience and its Impact on Real World Purchasing Behavior," Journal of Brand Management, 19(1), 18-32.
- Gabisch, Jason A., and Kholekile Gwebu (2011), "Impact of Virtual Brand Experience on Purchase Intentions: The Role of Multichannel Congruence," Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 12(4), 302-319.
- Milne, George R., Gabisch, Jason A., Ereni Markos, Joseph Phelps (2012), "Changes in Consumer Willingness to Provide Information over the Last Decade: A Cohort Analysis. International Journal of Integrated Marketing Communications, accepted for publication.
Journal Articles in Submission
- Gabisch, Jason A., and George R. Milne (2012), "The Impact of Rewards and Safety Cues on Privacy Attitudes and Self-Disclosure on the Internet: The Moderating Role of Regulatory Focus," Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, under review.
- Gabisch, Jason A., and George R. Milne (2012), "The Impact of Compensation on Information Ownership and Privacy Control," Journal of Marketing Research, under review.
- Gabisch, Jason A., and George R. Milne (2012), "The Impact of Compensation on Information Ownership and Privacy Control: A Qualitative Analysis," Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, being revised for submission.
- Gabisch, Jason A., Kholekile Gwebu, and Jing Wang (2012), "The Effect of Privacy Violations and Recovery Strategies on Consumer Privacy Attitudes and Self-Disclosure," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, being revised for submission. $3,000 research grant from Providence College.
Conference Presentation and Proceedings
- Gabisch, Jason (October 2011), "The Impact of Compensation on Information Ownership and Privacy Control," DMEF Direct/Interactive Marketing Research Summit, Boston, MA.
Milne, George R., Ereni Markos, Joseph Phelps, and Jason Gabisch (October 2010),"Consumers' Willingness to Provide Information: Changes Over the Last Decade," DMEF Conference Proceedings, San Francisco, CA.
- Gabisch, Jason A., and Kholekile Gwebu (August 2010), "An Examination of Brand Presence Strategies in the 3D Virtual World," American Marketing Association's Summer Educator's Conference Proceedings, Boston, MA.
- Milne, George R., and Jason A. Gabisch (May 2010), "Do the Digital Natives Really Have a Different View of Online Information Sharing and Privacy Concern? An Extended Cohort Analysis," Marketing and Public Policy Conference Proceedings, Denver, CO.
- Gabisch, Jason A. (February 2010), "Why do Users of Second Life Buy Virtual Products? Antecedents of Brand Purchasing Intentions and Behaviors in the 3D Virtual Environment," American Marketing Association's Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings, New Orleans, LA.
- Gabisch, Jason A. (October 2009), "Does What Happens in Virtual Worlds Stay in Virtual Worlds? A Theory of Planned Behavior Approach to the Examination of Cognitive Transference in Virtual Marketing Channels," Association for Consumer Research Conference Proceedings, Vol. 37, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Gabisch, Jason A. (May 2009), "The Role of B2B Virtual Trade Shows and their effect on Show Performance," Academy of Marketing Science Conference Proceedings, Baltimore, MD.
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium, Texas Christian University, 2010
- Eugene M. Isenberg Award, Isenberg School of Management, Spring 2008
- Nominee, University of Massachusetts, Graduate School Fellowship, 2010
- Harold E. Hardy Award, Isenberg School of Management, Spring 2009
- Whittemore School Associates Award, University of New Hampshire, 2007
- Whittemore School of Business & Economics, Academic Excellence Award, 2005
- Session Chair, Winter AMA Educator's Conference, 2010, New Orleans, LA.
- Reviewer, DMEF Direct/Interactive Marketing Research Summit, 2011, Boston, MA.
- Reviewer, Journal of Interactive Marketing, February 2010
- Reviewer, Summer AMA Educator's Conference, July 2009, Chicago, IL,
- Reviewer, Society for Marketing Advances Conference, 2009, New Orleans, LA.
- Reviewer, Northeast Decision Sciences Institute Conference, 2007, Baltimore, MD
- Member, American Marketing Association (AMA)
- Member, Association for Consumer Research (ACR)
- Member, Academy of Marketing Science (AMS)
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)