YoungKi Park, Ph.D
- Ph.D from University of Southern California, 2011
- Master of Management Information Systems from KAIST, 1996
- B.A. in Industrial Engineering from Hanyang University, Korea, 1994
Professional & Academic Experience
- Business Analytics and Information Strategy (MBA Core Class), University of Akron (2011)
- Quantitative Business Analysis (Undergraduate Core Class), University of Akron (2011)
- Instructor, Business Information Systems - Database Applications, University of Southern California (2010)
- Guest Lecturer, Business Intelligence & Analytics, University of Southern California (2010, 2011)
- Created a Teaching Case, MBA, University of Southern California, (2010)
- Teaching Assistant, Strategic Management of Information, University of Southern California (2008-2009)
- Instructor, IT Professionals, Oracle (1999-2005)
- Data Architect Team Leader, KRX (2005-2006)
- Principal Consultant, Oracle. Seoul, Korea (1999-2005)
- Co-Founder, Raonic (2001-2003)
- Data Architect, LG Electronics (1996-1999)
- Professional Service
- Journal Review
- International Conference on Information Systems (2008-2011)
- MIS Quarterly (since 2008)
- European Journal of Information Systems (since 2008)
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Korean Society for Management Information Systems
- Information Systems Strategy – Strategic Management of Information and Digital Technologies
- Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics – BI/Data Warehousing Strategy and Implementation, Data Mining
- Enterprise Information Systems – Analysis, Design, and Implementation
- Research interests straddle IT, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship.
- IT-enabled Organizational Capabilities and Strategic Advantage
- Turbulent and Entrepreneurial Business Environments
- Holistic Set-Theoretic Configurational Approach and Hierarchical Multi-Level Modeling
Refereed Journal Articles
- El Sawy, O. A., Malhotra, A., Park, Y., & Pavlou, P. A. “Seeking the Configurations of Digital Ecodynamics: It Takes Three to Tango,” Information Systems Research (21:4), 2010, December, pp. 835-848.
- Lee, H., Park, Y., Jang, G, & Huh, S. “Designing a Distributed Database on a Local Area Network: A Methodology and Decision Support System,” Information and Software Technology (42), 2000, pp. 171-184.
- Park, Y., & El Sawy, O.A. “Discovering the Multifaceted Roles of Information Technologies with a Holistic Configurational Theory Approach,” Proceedings of the 45th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Maui, Hawaii, January 2012.
- Park, Y., & El Sawy, O. A. “Towards a Design Theory for Hedonic Systems: Delivering Superior User Experience in the Digital Home Entertainment Context,” Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Design Science Research in Information Systems and Technology (DESRIST), Atlanta, Georgia, May 2008
- Lee, H., & Park, Y. “Developing a DSS for designing distributed databases on a local area network,” Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Operations and Quantitative Management, Jaipur, India, January 1997.
- Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (45th), “Discovering the Multifaceted Roles of Information Technologies with a Holistic Configurational Theory Approach,” Maui, Hawaii, January 2012.
- Workshop of Korean Association of Information Systems (Post-ICIS Workshop), “Developing Real-Time Enterprise Capability to Cope with Turbulent Environments: Empirical Understanding of the Role of IT Systems,” St. Louis, Missouri, December 2010.
- International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) – Doctoral Consortium, “The Dynamics of Latency Reduction in Opportunities and Threats Management in Accelerating Entrepreneurial Environments: The Role of Information Technologies,” Tucson, Arizona, December 2009
- 3rd International Conference on Design Science Research in Information Systems and Technology (DESRIST), “Towards a Design Theory for Hedonic Systems: Delivering Superior User Experience in the Digital Home Entertainment Context,” Atlanta, Georgia, May 2008
- Southern California Workshop on Information Systems Research & Development (SC WISRD), “Information Systems for Building Real Time Enterprise Capability, Los Angeles, California, June 2008
- Workshop on Journal of Strategic Information Systems (Pre-ICIS Workshop), “Theorizing around the Boundaries of Strategy and Emerging Technologies: A “Levels of Mindfulness” Framework,” Montreal, Canada, December 2007
- Park, Y., El Sawy O.A., & Fiss, P. A. “Exploring the Holistic Nature of Digital Ecodynamics with a Configurational Theory Approach”.
- Park, Y. & El Sawy, O.A. “Understanding of the Dynamics of IT-enabled Agile Organizations”
- Park, Y., & El Sawy, O.A. “Managing the Negative Effect of R&D on the Financial Market Value of a Young IPO Firm in the Software Industry”
- Park, Y. “Enjoyment Matters for Knowledge Sharing and Performance: A Longitudinal Study
- Park, Y. & El Sawy, O.A. “Superior Hedonic User Experience in the Digital Home Entertainment Ecosystem”
- Park, Y. with El Sawy, O.A. “Reconceptualizing Environments for Hyperturbulence: The Twitch Model”
- Park, Y., with El Sawy, O.A., Clark, J., Johnson, J., Oh, J. “Theorizing around Mushiness and Ephemerality: The Case of Emerging Technologies and Business Strategy"
(Research Assistant for Sponsored Research Projects)
- Digital Home Entertainment - User Experience & IT Adoption Business Model, 2006-2008 (Institute for Communication Technology Management, University of Southern California). Sponsored by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and five companies: Cisco, Seagate, SUN, SK Telecom (Korea) and TELUS (Canada) (2006-2008).
- Korea Development Bank – Diagnosis and Suggestion of an Enhancement Plan for IT Systems, 1995 (KAIST).
- Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Southern California (2010)
- Best Paper Runner-Up, Korea MIS Association (2010)
- International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) Doctoral Consortium Fellow (2009)
- Graduate Assistantship, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California (2006-2011)
- Honors on Graduation (top 5%), HanYang University (1994)
- Oracle Valuable Employee Award with Stock Option Prize (2002)
- LG Electronics Best Performer Award with Promotion (1997)