Jacob Farrar, MS
Department: Taylor Institute for Direct Marketing
Office: Polsky Building 550D
Master of Science, Integrated Marketing Communications, NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY – Evanston, IL, Graduated - Dec. 2002
Bachelor of Arts, Marketing Communications; Minor in Business Management, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY – Provo, UT, Graduated - Dec. 1999
Professional & Academic Experience:
ADT SECURITY SERVICES, INC – Boca Raton, FL , August 2011 - Present
Senior Manager – Contact Compliance and Operations Support
Scope of Responsibilities
- Develop and implement compliance programs and audit plans for direct and indirect marketing programs. Coordinate and manage all corrective and preventative actions in response to audit findings, customer complaints, regulatory inquiries/investigations and any program fail points.
- Identify, contract with and manage the ongoing relationships with compliance vendors.
- Develop and deploy training to over 5,000 U.S. and Canadian employees and stakeholders on Do Not Call and CAN-SPAM Email compliance requirements and company policies.
- Champion and advise business on technological solutions, emerging regulatory trends, and productivity enhancing solutions.
- Review and draft company policies, procedures, systems, best practices and provide advice on enhancements/modifications in response to changes in regulatory landscape.
- Act as the contact compliance subject matter expert on enterprise projects.
- Acted as Compliance SME and project team member for ADT.com Click-to-Chat project for National Sales Center. The program has resulted in over 5,500 daily chats with a 20% close rate.
- Participated in Compliance Vendor migration as project Business Lead. Prepared project business case, approval documentation, and project financial workbook. Project deliverables were deployed on schedule and within the project budget.
- Developed project plan for the Contact Compliance Tyco/ADT separation work stream. Project included the development of the contact compliance program for Tyco Integrated Security.
WYNDHAM VACATION OWNERSHIP, INC.– Orlando, FL,March 2003 – July 2011
Senior Manager – Call Center Compliance and Sales and Marketing Operations
Scope of Responsibilities
- Facilitated the collection and analysis of data in support of the company's compliance program.
- Directed consumer complaint resolutions and regulator investigations.
- Worked collaboratively with the Law Department, Sales and Marketing, and Executive leadership to establish policies and practices to comply with regulations for the prevention of costly fines that directly impact Wyndham bottom line performance.
- Ensured Federal and State Telemarketing regulations, policies, and compliance procedures were communicated throughout the company.
- Collaborated with IT and Telecommunications departments to communicate policy and process requirements for inclusion in sales and marketing systems.
- Developed Call Center Compliance Department. This department was responsible for all telemarketing compliance efforts throughout the entire Wyndham organization.
- Developed and delivered training program on compliance policies for internal locations and external vendors. Training program was delivered to over 200 trainers to be used in over 75 locations around the US.
- Developed Wyndham call center compliance audit program responsible for conducting call center audits for internal and external locations. Audit program allowed Wyndham to reduce reliance on external vendors, ensuring lowered compliance risk and increasing revenue
Other Positions at Wyndham
Operations Manager, Salem, OR Call Center
- Managed overall operations for Wyndham’s 150 seat corporate outbound call center, generating over $2 million in sales within first six months.
- Analyzed performance of all aspects of call center production to identify strengths, weaknesses, and trends.
- Acted as the system “super user” for all software and dialer applications used by call center staff, managers, and lead management team.
- Provided the interface with Telecom, IT, Lead Management department, Corporate Marketing, and Regional Marketing to ensure call center objectives were met.
Marketing Analyst/Project Manager, Marketing Operations
- Migrated Do Not Call list management process to more dynamic Permissions Management processes. Assisted in system design, testing, and system maintenance.
- Managed project for compliance system rollout to over 75 call center locations.
- Sony Corp. of America: Developed and utilized data-mining techniques, such as Market Basket Analysis, to create membership profiles and segmentation of the over one-million member MySony loyalty program.
- Intuit: Used data mining techniques to gain customer insight into the small business finance software market and created specific marketing plans with that customer knowledge.
- Advanta: Introduced Customer Relationship Management strategies to reduce customer attrition rates and developed marketing plan that allowed Advanta to position itself as an advocate for seven million small business owners.
- Jockey International: Used qualitative research methods to uncover consumer insights into the needs and wants of the retail clothing industry and created an integrated marketing plan.
Additional Training and Certifications
- Legacy Leadership – Wyndham internal leadership training program, February 2011
- Call Center Quality Assurance – Mastery Certification, The Call Center School, September 2010
- Certified Project Manager – Project Management Leadership Group, May 2003
Other Skills and Competencies
Knowledgeable in SAS, SPSS, Data Mining and Statistical Analysis techniques, MS Access, MS Office Applications, MS Project, SharePoint, Visio, Genesys Outbound Dialer, Gryphon Core Applications
Bilingual: French Fluency