Benefits of an Internship/Co-op
Internship and Co-op experiences offer a great opportunity to learn by doing! Most students report internships as a highlight of their academic experience. Below are additional benefits to internship and co-op experiences.
- Obtain relevant work experience that helps you build your resume.
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market by building a network of professionals in their respective industries.
- Get an inside look at industries, organizations and occupations.
- Explore potential careers and validate or refine your career goals and/or choice of major.
- Learn valuable job-search skills such as networking, resume writing and interviewing.
- Earn internship credit for an elective in a CBA major (see your academic advisor for more details).
- Enhance learning by applying the academic theory learned in the classroom to a work environment.
- Improve grades - studies show that students’ grades improve after completing a co-op or internship assignment.
- Help finance your education – the hourly wage of CBA intern’s ranges from $10.00 to $19.00+.
- Improve your oral and written communication, teamwork, leadership and time management skills.
- Develop work-related skills necessary to succeed in a professional global environment.
- Enhance your self-confidence and maturity.
- Discover your strengths and weaknesses.