Job search Tips
An important part of your job search is to keep the process moving forward until the right offer comes in. Successful job search tips include:
- Keep a log of contacts, dates, status.
- Contact every employer that calls you, even if you are not interested.
- Follow up within a few weeks of each application.
- Have a strategy – that means Plan A and Plan B
- Vary your approach. If one method doesn't work, try another.
- Professionalize your voicemail and email address.
- Consider a part-time job in order to remain active and confident.
- Personalize rejection. Not every position or employer is right for you.
- Falsify information on a resume, application or during an interview.
- Back out on an offer once you accepted it.