Ravi Krovi, Ph.D.
Title: Dean, Professor
Department: Dean's Office
Office: CBA 419
Phone: (330) 972-7442
- Ph.D. Management Information Systems & Decision Sciences,
The University of Memphis, 1993.
- M.S. Mathematical Sciences, Computer Science and Statistics concentrations,
The University of Memphis, 1988.
- B.E. Engineering,
University of Baroda, India, 1986.
- Dean, College of Business Administration, The University of Akron, 2010 - present
- Interim Dean, College of Business Administration, The University of Akron, 2009 – 2010
- Chair, Management Department, College of Business Administration, The University of Akron, 2005 – 2010
- Director, Center for Information Technologies and e-Business, College of Business Administration, The University of Akron, 2003-2005
- Professor, Management and Information Systems, The University of Akron, 2002
- Associate Professor, Management and Information Systems, The University of Akron, 1999
- Assistant Professor, Information Systems, North Carolina A&T State University, 1995
Assistant Professor, Computer Information Systems, Southern Arkansas University, 1993
- “Risk Zones and Longshot Bias: An Exploratory Analysis” International Journal of Applied Decision Sciences (in press), with A. Chandra and B. Rajagopalan.
- “Information Flow Parameters for Organizational Processes” Communications of the ACM, 46, 2, 2003, with A. Chandra and B. Rajagopalan.
- “Benchmarking Data Mining Algorithms” Journal of Database Management, January-March 2002, 13, 1, 25-35, with B. Rajagopalan.
- “Representational Congruence and Information Retrieval: An Extended Model of Cognitive Fit” Decision Support Systems, 25(1999), 271-288, with A. Chandra.
- “Agent Behaviors in Virtual Negotiation Environments” The IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, 29, 1, February 1999, 15-25, with A. Graesser and W. Pracht.
- “User Cognitive Representations: The Case for an Object Oriented Model” The Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 43, 165-176, 1998, with A. Chandra.
- “Financial Decision Support with Hybrid Genetic and Neural Based Modeling Tools” The European Journal of Operational Research (Special Issue - AI Tools for Decision Support Systems), 103 (1997), 339-349, with N. Kumar and B. Rajagopalan.
- “Identifying the Causes of Resistance to IS Implementation: A Change Theory Perspective” Information & Management, 25, 1993, 327-335.