Karen Marando, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, (2011)
University of Akron
- M.A., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, (2008)
University of Akron
- B.S., Psychology, (2006)
Professional & Academic Experience
- Argosy University, Solutions-Focused Leadership, 2011
- University of Akron, Developmental Psychology, 2008-2009, 2011
- Geneva College, Adolescent Development, 2011
- University of Akron, Social Psychology, 2010
- National College, General Psychology, 2010
- University of Akron, Industrial Organizational Psychology, 2009-2010
- National College, Human Relations, 2009
- Geneva College, The Aging Workforce, 2008
- University of Akron, Introduction to Psychology, 2006-2008
- Novo Nordisk Qualitative Analysis May 2008, October 2009, September 2010, June 2011
- Timken Quantitative Analysis and Report Preparation May 2010
- Diana Clark Competency Research August 2009
- Personnel Board of Jefferson County Assessment Center Assessor June 2008
- Linda L Brown Survey Administration August 2007
- Marando, K.A. & Levy, P.E. (2011) Industrial-Organizational Psychology and Human Factors. (textbook chapter) Worth Publishers: New York, New York.
- Aiken, K. Sterns, H.L., Snell, A., Nakai, Y., Chang, B. (2009). The Changing Workforce: Older Workers' Values and Desired Organizational Characteristics. Poster presented at the 24th Annual Meetings of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, new Orleans, LA.
- Aiken, K. Petkova, Z., Lord, R. (2009). Cohort Differences on Perceptions of Leadership Effectiveness: An Implicit Leadership Theory Perspective. poster presented at the 30th Annual Meeting of the Industrial/Organizational Behavior conference, Chicago, Il.
- Aiken, K., Fast, J. Gallagher, m., Kraynak, L. (2006) Looking at faces: developing a scaled face database. poster presented at the 77th Annual Meeting of the Eastern Psychology Assocaition, Baltimore, MD.
- Member, Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding TA of the Year 2008
- Geneva College Honors Program 2006-2008
- Psi Chi Honor Society President 2004-2006
- Alpha Chi Honor Society 2004-2006