Requirements for Graduation
The following are required for students to graduate with a MTax degree:
- Completion of foundation courses, as appropriate.
- Successful completion of 30 credit hours of MTax courses.
- Successful completion of all degree requirements.
- Grade point average of not less 3.0 (B).
- All credits must have been earned within six years of enrolling in the program.
- Completion of an exit interview with the Chair of Accountancy or the College go Business Director of Graduate Programs..
- Students must turn in an Advancement to Candidacy form and an Application to Graduate to the Chair of the School of Accountancy by the deadlines posted on the Graduate School's Website (http://www.uakron.edu/gradsch/).
- Responsibility for the successful completion of all graduation requirements rests with the student.
Graduation exercises are held in December, May, and August. Attendance is optional but highly recommended. Students who participate in commencement exercises are required to wear the appropriate academic regalia.