George W. Daverio School of Accountancy
Summer Fast Pass Class for BSA Students with 150 credit hours, Accelerated BS/MS,
Accelerated BSA/MTAX Accounting Students and Other CPA Eligible Students
Prepare to FastPass® the CPA Exam in the Summer
BEFORE Starting Your Full-Time Position
Dr. Thomas G. Calderon
Contact information for Becker
Employers prefer to hire and retain individuals who have completed the CPA Exams. Accounting graduates find it extremely difficult to sit for the exams after they begin their permanent jobs. In response, the George W. Daverio School of Accountancy will host a Summer CPA Exam Review Program in partnership with Becker Professional Education for outstanding students who will complete the Accelerated BS/MS or BSA/MTAX Accounting program. Other students who have completed all requirements to sit for the CPA Examination in the State of Ohio will be accepted into the program as well.
CPA Exam Information
Candidate Bulletin: The CPA Exam Candidate Bulletin provides helpful step by step information about the CPA Exam application process and Prometric test center. Download it at: Candidate Bulletin
Contact your Ohio CPA Exam Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-880-4290 with questions concerning education credits, CPA application, transcripts or NTS.
Candidates must take the test at a Prometric Testing Center. Locations include Cleveland, Mentor, Strongsville, Stow, Niles. To schedule CPA Exam or find additional locations visit www.prometric.com/cpa
Becker CPA Review course will require approximately 300 hours of study time—12 hours per week for class and additional 24 hours of individual study time per week.
- Fees for the Becker CPA Review will be $3,393.00. UA students are eligible for $400 off* the full course tuition and 0% financing. Students with offer letters from firms who pay for Becker will be honored. Students may be provided with scholarships, as available, and other available financial assistance. (Discounts and offers cannot be combined).
- The fee includes lectures, books, PassMaster homework, simulations and The Becker Promise. Becker Promise: Attend 100% of the classes and score 90% or better on the PassMaster homework. In the event you do not pass the exam, you can take the review for an administrative fee.
- For additional information about Becker, visit or enroll www.becker.com or call 1.877.CPA.EXAM.
- Please Note: Students will not earn University of Akron credit for the review course.
University of Akron – Fast Pass® Class
Classes begin May 23, 2016
5:30pm to 9:30pm
Suggested Timeline University of Akron
|January-May 2016||Enroll in Becker. UA Students receive $400 off Becker’s CPA Review or 0% financing. ** Order materials early to avoid expedited shipping costs and to ensure viable class.|
|March-May 2016||Apply to NASBA to sit for the CPA Exam www.nasba.org. Apply once 150 hours appears on your transcript.|
|May 11th to 13th||Request official transcript from University of Akron- Registrar Office.|
|May 23rd to May 27th||Attend Becker’s CPA Review Business section|
|May 28th||Self-Study at Home*B6|
|May 29th to May 30th||Study for the Business section of the CPA Exam|
|May 31st||Sit for Business|
|June 1st to June 20th||Attend Becker’s CPA Review Financial section|
|June 21st||Self-Study at Home*F10|
|June 22nd to June 30th||Study for the Financial section of the CPA Exam|
|July 1st to July 8th||Sit for the Financial and/or Business section of the CPA Exam***|
|July 11th to July 20th||Attend Becker’s CPA Exam Review Audit section|
|July 21st||Self-Study at Home*A6|
|July 22nd to July 27th||Study for the Audit section of the CPA Exam|
|July 28th to July 29th||Sit for the Audit section of the CPA Exam|
|August 1st to August 15th||Attend Becker’s CPA Review Regulation section|
|August 16th||Self-Study at Home*R8|
|August 17th to August 29th||Study for the Regulation section of the CPA Exam|
|August 30th to August 31st||Sit for the Regulation section of the CPA Exam|
Note: Register for exam dates once NTS is received. www.prometric.com
* This Self-Study lecture to be completed at home prior to sitting for this exam. Review of this lecture is required to earn the Becker Promise.
** This offer is valid only on full 4-part course tuition price. Cannot be combined with 0% financing
*** Check Prometric Services for Saturday and Holiday Schedule