Enroll in the Region's Only Master of Taxation (MTax) Program -- Classroom Option
The Master of Taxation (MTax) Program is a 30-36 credit professional degree designed to provide intensive training for individuals planning to enter the tax field and for experienced accountants and attorneys.
MTax Program Highlights
- Complete the MTax degree in 21 months by attending classes one evening per week throughout most of the program. Classes start at 5:20 p.m. and end by 10:50 p.m. Entrance exam (GMAT) is not required for practicing CPAs or for attorneys with at least two years of experience.
- Curriculum includes 24 credits of required taxation courses and 6 credits of taxation electives.
Foundation Courses — 6 credits
|6200:627||Survey of Federal Taxation||3|
|Core Courses — 24 credits|
|6200:631||Corporate Taxation I||3|
|6200:641||Taxation of Partnerships||3|
|6200:642||Corporate Taxation II||3|
|6200:648||Tax Policy & Ethics||3|
|6200:649||State and Local Taxation||3|
|Elective Courses — 6 credits|
|6200:629||Tax Crimes and Forensics||3|
|6200:633||Estate and Gift Taxation||3|
|6200:644||Income Taxation of Decedents, Trusts, and Estates||3|
|6200:645||Advanced Individual Taxation||3|
|6200:646||Consolidated Tax Returns||3|
|6200:647||Qualified Pension and Profit-Sharing Plans||3|
|6200:693||Selected Topics in Taxation : Mergers and Acquisitions||3|
|6200:662||S Corporations Taxation||3|
|Total Credit Hours||30-36|
- GMAT (score of 500 or better preferred - may be waived for CPAs, CMAs, CIAs, or attorneys who have successfully passed the bar exam and have two years of work experience)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- August 3 for Fall enrollment
- November 15 for Spring enrollment
- April 15 for Summer enrollment (preferred for students without pre-tax requirements)
International Student Applications
It s recommended that international students apply one month prior to these dates to allow time for admission and I-20 visa processing. I-20 forms are processed by the Office of International Programs.
Students currently admitted to this program may have different course requirements than those listed here. Refer to your official Program Checklist and DARS in My Akron for your program requirements.