Saturday MBA Program – Complete an MBA in Two Years Attending Every Other Saturday
The College of Business Administration (CBA) makes it possible for working professionals outside Akron to complete a graduate degree in two years. Students take courses taught by the same expert faculty that are part of the highest ranked part-time MBA program at a public university in Northeast Ohio, according to national rankings. Plus, The University of Akron offers one of the most affordable tuition rates in northeast Ohio for an AACSB-accredited MBA.
The Saturday MBA is a cohort program, in which a class of students starts at the same time and completes the program together by attending Saturday classes. This format provides a team environment that is conducive to learning.
Applications are currently being accepted for the next cohort, which will start in fall semester 2015 and end in summer semester 2017. Deadline to apply is July 15.
In the Saturday MBA, students take three courses per semester (7-9 credits) using hybrid in-class and online formats. Classes alternate between the Medina County University Center (MCUC), Wayne Campus, and University of Akron Lakewood. Students can travel to the other locations, or participate in their home campus classroom via distance learning technologies.
Program features include:
- Classes meet every other Saturday, from 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Format includes distance learning and web-based technology.
- All students have the Interdisciplinary MBA Concentration, which consists of three elective courses approved by the Graduate Programs Director to provide students with marketplace-relevant content.
- Students take one course at a time over 3-4 Saturday sessions.
- Lunch is provided. Throughout the semester, business executives hold informal question-and-answer sessions during lunch Executive Career Modules.
- Each student completes a project applying their knowledge and skill to an area of interest to him/her.
- Students take 3 courses each semester to complete their degree in 6 semesters, including summers.
- Free parking.