First Annual Smucker's Analytics Competition09/20/2011
Smucker’s will provide a business issue regarding one or more of its iconic brands. Student teams will be asked to use multiple data sources to analyze a business problem and prepare a data-driven solution. Teams will present findings and business case to a panel of 5 judges – 3 Smucker executives, a CBA faculty member, and a representative from Taylor Institute. This is a team competition – each team should have 2 members.
Smucker’s is excited to be involved in this competition! Smucker’s will provide:
(1) Briefing session to discuss the business problem, project scope, and judging criteria
(2) Training sessions on information sources (scan data, consumer & shopper data, etc)
(3) Provide Q&A opportunities
(4) Judging panel for final presentation
Competitors will need a business background, comfort with analytics and piecing information together from multiple sources, and strong analytical thinking.
SCHOLARSHIPS! The winning team will receive a $2,500 Scholarship to split!
INTERNSHIPS! Individual members of top 5 teams will have an exclusive opportunity to interview for a paid summer internship in Category Development at the J.M. Smucker Company.
- Office Hours for Interested Students – September 23
- Kick-Off & Briefing Sessions – October 11 & 12
- Training Sessions – begins mid October
- Q&A Sessions – begins early November
- Student Presentations - due November 16 at 5pm (submitted online)
- Final Presentation Judging & Award Presentations – November 18
- Internship Selections - January 2012.
- CBA Student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior Standing
- Course Requirements – Competitors must have the following:
- Completed: Business Statistics (6500:304)
- Enrolled in at time of competition: Business Analytics (6500:305)