Austen BioInnovation Institute Women's Entrepreneurship Program
When: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 5:00 P.M - 6:00 P.M.
Who: Individuals with technology expertise in the biomedical and alternative energy sectors or master’s in business administration (MBA) candidates, women and men may participate in the program.
What: The Women’s Entrepreneurship Program will:
- Increase the number of women entrepreneurs in the biomedical and alternative energy sectors
- Facilitate the commercialization of technology projects, which will increase the number of jobs in Akron, Ohio
The unique features of this program include the following:
- Teams – Teams will be comprised of two individuals – a student specializing in technology and an MBA candidate– both of whom will use their unique talents to develop a business plan that can be commercialized within 18-24 months.
- Mentoring – Teams will receive guidance throughout each step of the commercialization process by an Industry Advisory Committee composed of successful regional entrepreneurs and industry professionals. These interactions will increase the likelihood of successful commercialization of the team’s technology, as well as provide access to valuable industry networks.
- Business plan development – Teams will develop a clearly defined business plan, which will be submitted into highly competitive business plan competitions nationwide.
- Networking – Networking Events will include guest speaker presentations followed by a question-and-answer session and networking break. In addition to WEP participants, other entrepreneurs from the community and those interested in starting a business, will be in attendance.
- FastTrac TechVenture program – The FastTrac TechVenture program is used as a guide. Through comprehensive, real-world exercises, FastTrac TechVenture guides students through the intricacies of forming a technology or life science company through its modules that consist of facilitated discussions, lectures by guest speakers and coaching sessions.
Where: Polsky Room 567
For: Spring Semester, 2012
Contact information: Marjet Heitzer, PhD (330)572-1681 email@example.com