UA MBA 2012 Leadership Elevator Mentoring Program09/13/2012
The UA MBA Leadership Elevator Mentoring Program is focused on building leaders for the future.
• MBA students need to learn “what they don’t know” about leading in the corporate world.
• Your personal journey of envisioning your role as a future business leader and determining their career passions and goals is critical.
Current corporate leaders have experiences that are an invaluable resource for future leaders.
• Many entry level and mid-level professional do not have access to individuals currently in corporate leadership positions.
• The UA MBA Leadership Elevator Mentoring Program will provide first hand access to corporate leaders for 2 MBA students.
UA MBA students will be mentored by Umesh Ramakrishnan and Robert Voth.
• Mr. Ramakrishnan is vice chairman of the global executive search firm CT Partners http://www.ctnet.com. With a focus on C-Suite, senior-level, and board searches, CTPartners offers broad and deep expertise across major sectors and global regions.
• Umesh is regularly quoted in major industry and national publications, a sought-after speaker, and a regular guest on CNBC's Closing Bell and Power Lunch. He is also the author of the critically acclaimed business book There's No Elevator To The Top which is published by Penguin Worldwide. The book is based on dozens of personal interviews that Umesh conducted with the top CEOs of the world.
• Robert Voth is a Managing Partner in the Cleveland office of CTPartners. During his 15 years in executive search, Robert has completed more than 400 global assignments, a majority of which have focused on Financial Services.
• Over half of the nation's top money centers have relied on Robert for his experience and guidance while European clients have leveraged Robert's expertise and market knowledge to recruit seasoned expatriates. Regional and community banks engage Robert to conduct strategic assignments in order to top grade existing talent, increase bench strength, and succession plan. Additionally, Robert has partnered with some of the nation's top Private Equity companies to provide talent assessment and acquisition strategies.
Umesh and Robert will develop mentoring relationships with the UA MBA mentees that are personal and holistic.
• Mentoring will extend beyond career advice with the objective of achieving the individual’s full potential relative to career, financial, and personal success.
• Mentees will join Umesh and Robert to meet executives and they will receive personal career counseling and advice on enhancing his/her functional business skills.
• Available to their mentees through direct email and phone access on a regular basis.
How to Apply
Submit a written application in electronic form to: Dr. Bill Hauser, Interim Assistant Dean and Director of Graduate Programs at email@example.com. Include the following items:
• One page statement of your definition of leadership and your personal leadership goals
• One page statement of what motivates you and your life aspirations
• Applications will be evaluated on the basis of the extent to which the applicant has clearly and precisely conveyed their “mental make-up” and “who they are as a person” to the selection committee
Due Date: September 21.
• Five finalists will be chosen by the selection committee to be interviewed by the committee.
• Interviews and a dinner meeting are planned for Friday, October 5 from 5:00 - 8:00PM at Fairlawn Country Club.
• All five finalists will receive $200 book scholarships.